The Ministry of Health invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Specialist Medical Officer/Oncologist/Haematologist/ at the Princess Margaret Hospital on contract.
Under the general supervision of the Hospital Medical Director, the Oncologist/ Haematologist :
1. Diagnoses and treats diseases, disorders and injuries of the human body related to cancers and haematological disorders for the patient’s wellbeing;
2. develops, introduces, and maintains systematic standards of care and protocols as they become available on an evidenced based level;
3. participates in morbidity/mortality meetings and other quality assessment activities to ensure to ensure optimal functioning of the department;
4. Conducts training sessions to staff and students on diagnosis and treatment of disease conditions
5. Effectively executes the performance functions of the Oncology Department.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENT
Applicants should possess Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine, Bachelor’s Degree in Surgery, Post Graduate Specialist Degree and Training in Oncology and Haematology.
Applicants should have at least three (3) years training in post graduate work. They should also have knowledge and skills in supervision; in assessment and examination; in report writing and use of computer and knowledge of medical laws, regulations, rules and standard.
The applicant should be an action oriented individual, have good communications skills, be creative and innovative and should demonstrate strong technical and functional proficiencies and knowledge in areas of expertise.
Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applications with Curriculum Vitae and copies of all relevant certificates and recommendations should be addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Health
Telephone: 1 767 266 3260
Fax: 1 767 448 6086
To reach her no later than 15th February, 2015.
For more information go to the government of Dominica’s website at www.dominica.gov.dm