I have been married to my husband for 13 years and we are having a huge problem because of this girl that is suppose to be his best friend.

She is from Dominica, she is causing trouble in my marriage because my husband wanted me to get rid of all my male friends, which I did. He was suppose to do the same but I came to find out that she is still there and has been here for the whole 13 years and it is causing my marriage a lot of trouble.

She is always talking to my husband about her sex life with her boyfriend and how it is so bad and other things about sex and it is really getting on my nerves. I am now ready to file for a divorce and take my two kids and just leave him.

I am wondering what should I do about this as this is causing a major problem in my marriage. We argue every time I say something about her and this is really driving a wedge between. She needs to go with her man and leave mine alone.

Please tell me what you think I should do?

Need Help

Dear Need Help

It was very unkind of your husband to ask that you give up all you male friends and very naive of you to do just that. We all need friends in our lives; true and loyal friends. This give the impression that your husband is very insecure and this is a problem in and of itself.

Concerning this young lady, the suggestion is that you confront her directly. Don’t be vile or loud, just be firm. In other words, tell her a piece of your mind, but do it in a way that won’t cause more tension.

Then give your husband an ultimatum. Tell him it is either his ‘best friend’ or you and he must make a choice. He needs a good dose of reality.


Have a problem? Write to Dear Bella at dominicanewsonline@gmail.com. Dear Bella is published Tuesdays and Thursdays. All letters are subject to editing and the editor has the right to not publish an article if it does not meet the company’s editorial standards. Also, the advice given is not necessarily expert advice, and is basically an opinion, therefore we accept no liability that result from giving any opinion. As such we encourage you to seek the advice of a professional counselor.