Please help me. I am teenager and met a guy on the internet and at first I was infatuated with him.
But then, I think I started falling in love with him, that is having real feelings for him.and I want him with me. It is scaring me with how much I need him with me.
The problem is that he 22 and doesn’t know how I feel. To make matters worst he is not single and he says he sees me as a sister so I’m too scared to say otherwise.
I really think I am falling for this man I don’t even know… This is so wrong!
I’ve had a bad experience with a few other guys online but this one has always there for me.
What should I do. I can’t get him off my mind… It hurts… It hurts so much.
I cannot begin to explain the lengths I would go to to have this man as mine.
What I’m feeling is wrong, very wrong!
But I don’t want my feelings to change.
Please help me.
Dear Confused Teenager,
You have not gotten over your infatuation with this guy as you might think. What you are feeling is just what all teenagers feel at this time of their lives. I don’t see any “love future” between a teenager and a guy who is 22 and is not single.
My advice is simple: Get out and do stuff. Live in the “real” world, get off the internet, expand your horizon. Hang out with your friends. Continue to meet different people. Live your life.
Here are some tips for overcoming infatuation:
1. Time can help you get over an infatuation. You need to explain yourself that the crush you have is temporary and you can definitely get over it! Give time to yourself.
2. Avoid thinking about the girl or boy you like. To deal with an attraction, you need to stop thinking about him/her. Concentrate on something else you like and keep yourself engaged in work so that you don’t get time to think. Free mind makes you think more!
3. If you have to face her everyday then you have to mentally explain yourself. Always think about your ego and dignity when your crush is near you. This will stop you from thinking about him/her.
4. If you have expressed your feeling but didn’t get a positive reply, don’t get depressed. Facing rejection is a part of life which you have to get over as early as possible! After getting the answer things should not become complicated. As you know the answer, you can console yourself.
5. Look around. Finding an alternative is an easy and common remedy to get over an infatuation.
6. See what you want. Ask yourself before if you need the girl/boy you like for sometime or for whole life. Infatuation can be physical or mental. Generally, a crush is physical and temporary. Stop imagining if you want to get over an infatuation.
Use these tips to get over an infatuation and make yourself strong!
Have a problem? Write to Dear Bella at firstname.lastname@example.org. Dear Bella is published Tuesdays and Thursdays. All letters are subject to editing and the editor has the right to not publish an article if it does not meet the company’s editorial standards. Also, the advice given is not necessarily expert advice, and is basically an opinion, therefore we accept no liability that result from giving any opinion. As such we encourage you to seek the advice of a professional counselor