ST. JOHN’S, Antigua, September 09, 2011 – LIAT wishes to advise that due to the impending passage of Tropical Storm Maria, it has been forced to cancel the following services today Friday, September 9, 2011:
· LI 512 – Barbados-Antigua
· LI 770 – St. Lucia-Antigua
· LI 368 – Antigua-Anguilla-St. Thomas
· LI 369 – St. Thomas-St. Maarten-St. Kitts-Antigua
· LI 510 – Antigua-Tortola-San Juan
· LI 511 – San Juan-Antigua
· LI 508 – St. Maarten-Tortola
· LI 509 – Tortola-St. Maarten
· LI 768 – Barbados-St. Lucia-Dominica
· LI 769 – Dominica-St. Lucia-Barbados
· LI 557 – Antigua-Dominica
· LI 558 – Dominica-Antigua
· LI 563 – Antigua-Dominica
The following services for tomorrow Saturday, September 10, 2011 are now cancelled:
· LI 771 – Antigua-St. Lucia
· LI 504 – Antigua-St. Kitts-St. Maarten
· LI 503 – St. Maarten-St. Kitts-Antigua
· LI 321 – Antigua-Guadeloupe-Dominica
· LI 320 – Dominica-Antigua
· LI 310 – St. Lucia-St. Maarten-Tortola
· LI 315 – Tortola-Antigua
· LI 361 – Antigua-Dominica-Barbados
· LI 362 – Antigua-San Juan
· LI 521 – Tortola-St. Maarten-Antigua
· LI 312 – Antigua-St. Maarten-St. Croix
· LI 317 – St. Croix-St. Maarten-Antigua
· LI 383 – San Juan-Antigua
· LI 550 – Antigua-St. Kitts-St. Maarten-St. Thomas
· LI 553 – St. Thomas-Anguilla-Antigua
The Antigua Airports Authority has advised that V.C. Bird International Airport will be closed from 6:00pm today until 4:00pm tomorrow, September 10, 2011. The full resumption of LIAT’s services into and out of Antigua and other areas affected by Tropical Storm Maria will be subject to the reopening of the airports.
Passengers are asked to check the LIAT website or to call the LIAT Call Centre from Antigua – 1-268-480-5582; toll free from the rest of the Caribbean – 1-888-844-5428 and from Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands – 1-866-549-5428 for information on the status of their flights.
The LIAT Call Centre will close today, Friday September 9, 2011 at 8:00pm and will reopen at 12:00pm on Saturday September 10, 2011.
Customers affected by the disruptions who wish to rebook will be allowed to do so without charge for a period of one week from the date of their original scheduled travel. Following the one-week grace period, passengers will be required to pay applicable fare and change fees when re-booking. Passengers who are unable to travel as planned due to the disruptions caused by this tropical storm, at their request, will be issued a full credit for future travel. Terms and conditions apply.
When services resume, affected passengers are advised to contact LIAT Reservations to rebook before proceeding to the airport.
LIAT also wishes to advise that passengers who decide to travel but are unable to complete their journey due to disruption caused by weather conditions, will not be provided with meals, transportation, hotel accommodation etc. Passengers with onward connections are advised to contact their respective carriers.
LIAT regrets any inconvenience caused as a result of the passage of the storm.
Passengers are advised to continue monitoring radio stations for further updates.
Copyright 2012 Dominica News Online, DURAVISION INC. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or distributed.