Miss Dominica Pageant 2013 kicks offDominica News Online - Wednesday, September 5th, 2012 at 6:49 PM
The Dominica Festivals Committee has announced that 12 contestants have been selected to participate in an Elimination Pre Show, carded for September 22nd ahead of the 2013 Miss Dominica Pageant.
The twelve were chosen from a field of 18 after being interviewed by a panel of judges last weekend.
They are set to appear in a one and a half minute talent segment, swimwear, evening wear and question and answer rounds.
From that field seven will be selected to move on to the Miss Dominica pageant set for Friday, February 08, 2013.
The 12 contestants have been identfied as:
• Nerissa Alianda Williams of Thibaud,
• Wendie Lucia Romain of Cottage,
• Kelshia Breezie of St. Joseph,
• Leslassa Adey Armour-Shillingford of Castle Comfort,
• Nickisha Anne Philbert of Laudat,
• Fatima Noel of San Sauver,
• Chayil C’hannah Johnbaptiste of Calibishie,
• Tasia Floissac of Atkinson,
• Daina Wandae Mathew of Canefield,
• Nickisha Dalrymple of Kingshill,
• Jeanne Louisa Royer of Goodwill and
• Melinda Chervon Ulysses of Stockfarm.
The judges for the first round of competition were; Dr. Donald Peters – President Dominica State College, Steve Hyacinth – Chief Education Officer, Natalie Clarke Meade – Events Director – DFC, Ferdina Frampton – Corporate Communications Officer – LIME, Sharlene Richards – Miss Dominica 2005 and Lilian Polydore – Human Resource Manager – NBD.
Photos of the contestants have not been released by the DFC.
Copyright 2012 Dominica News Online, DURAVISION INC. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or distributed.