LIAT/TROPICAL STORM EARL ADVISORY # 1
ISSUED AT 5:30PM
ST. JOHN’S, Antigua, August 28, 2010 – LIAT wishes to advise that it will be forced to suspend some services from Sunday afternoon due to the expected passage of Tropical Storm Earl over the Leeward Islands.
The following flights are likely to be affected:
· LI 508/509 – Antigua/St. Maarten/Tortola/St. Maarten/Antigua
· LI 544/545 – Antigua/Nevis/St. Kitts/Antigua
· LI510/511 – Antigua/Tortola/San Juan/Tortola
· LI 368/329 – Antigua/Anguilla/St. Thomas/St. Maarten/St. Kitts/Antigua
· LI 324/325 – Antigua/St. Kitts/St. Maarten/Antigua
· LI 512 – Barbados/Antigua/St. Maarten/Tortola
All passengers with confirmed bookings on these LIAT flights are asked to contact LIAT before heading to the airport.
Passengers are advised to contact their local airports and continue monitoring radio stations for further updates.
The Company will issue a further advisory at 9:00am on Sunday August 29.
LIAT wishes to advise that passengers who decide to travel on their originally booked service but are unable to complete their journey due to disruption caused by weather conditions, will not be provided with meals, transportation, hotel accommodation etc. Passengers with onward connections are advised to contact the respective carriers.
Customers who are booked to travel on Sunday and may wish to rebook for a later date will be allowed to do so without charge for up to five days.