HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER
The Discover Dominica Authority (DDA) requires a suitably qualified professional to fill a leadership/management position of Human Resource Manager.
Under the direction of the Director of Tourism and the Executive Director of Discover and Invest Dominica Authorities, the Human Resource Manager coordinates, administers, directs, and develops quality control systems for all activities related to the human resource function for both Authorities.
Education/Training and Experience:
This position requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resource Management or related discipline plus five (5) years relevant work experience or training OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
The incumbent should have professional level training and working knowledge in:
- Human Resource Information Systems
- Personnel management
- Industrial relations
- Job development and classification
- Team building
- Labour laws
- Corporate communication
- Compensation systems
- Customer service
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools
- High level of proficiency in the use of Information and Communication Technologies
- Sound understanding of business principles and the commercial environment within which the authorities operate with the ability to continuously analyse the performance of the human resource needs against current business needs.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to plan, prioritize and implement strategic and operational Human Resources activities, while streamlining departmental processes and organizing well-structured teams.
- Ability to achieve high performance, by inspiring and motivating the team as well as having a strong impact on the organizational culture.
- Engage and build relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to develop the human capital of the Authorities to achieve the mandates
Conditions of Recruitment:
The position is to be filled on a contractual basis, subject to renewal upon decision by the Board of Directors.
Application Process and Timeline:
Indicate your interest by forwarding your Cover Letter, Resume and three (3) references to include at least two (2) most recent employers in sealed envelopes, marked Confidential Application for the Position of Human Resource Manager, Discover Dominica Authority and addressed to:
The CEO/Director of Tourism
Discover Dominica Authority
Ground and 1st Floor, 5-7 Great Marlborough Street
Closing date for receipt of applications is December 16, 2022.