Applications are invited from suitable qualified individuals to fill the position of IT Technical support officer at the Marigot Co-operative Credit Union Ltd.
The IT Support Officer monitors and maintains the computer systems and networks of the institution (installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults and solve technical and applications problems) at all branches of the MCCU.
The IT technical support officer is mainly responsible for the efficient operation of computer systems, network, applications and facilitating maximum productive use by users.
The IT technical support officer generally need to:
- Manage daily operations of the ICT department.
- Develop new strategies, policies and procedures to increase efficiency, enhance workflow and improve user satisfaction.
- Maintains records of hardware and software inventory
- Rapidly establish a good working relationship with our software and service providers.
- Talk staff through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help resolve issues.
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and monthly IT reports.
- Support the roll-out of new or updated applications.
- Installs and configures computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Monitors and maintain computer systems and networks.
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
- Replace parts as required.
- Recommend hardware, software and services that are to be procured.
- Assist with maintaining information security through controlled hardware or software installation and staff education.
- Implement measures to protect members’ data from outside infiltration through encryption, secure data storage and other necessary means.
- Follows emergency plans for equipment, power or security failures when necessary to protect data, security and equipment.
- Set up new staff users’ accounts and profiles and deal with password issues. Respond within agreed time limits to call-outs.
- Conduct electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
- Assess infrastructure on a regular basis to ensure it continues to meet necessary demands.
- Test and evaluate new technology.
- Stay updated regarding technology and offer suggestions for possible upgrades and changes within the IT department.
Bachelor’s Degree or similar qualification in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field required.
Any of the following certification is a plus:
- Windows Network Certification
- Computer Hardware Maintenance Certification (CompTIA A+)
- Project Management Certificate
You will need to show evidence of the following:
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and or computer hardware/ software systems
- Hand on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
- Excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with the MCCU team to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
- problem solving skills
- The ability to prioritize your workload
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent IT, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to fill multiple roles simultaneously
- Ability to maintain IT structural integrity
Applications including detailed Curriculum Vitae, the names and addresses of two references (at least one of whom must be familiar with the applicants work) must be submitted under confidential cover to the:
The Human Resource Officer
Marigot Co-operative Credit Union
Commonwealth of Dominica
Applications must be submitted on or before 15 February 2020.