To help cope with the nutritional needs of the population to fight the Corona Virus (COVID– 19) and to promote social distancing and discourage person-to-person contact, which is the main cause of the community spread of the virus, the Dominica Manufacturers Association (DMA) has launched an initiative to facilitate the sale and purchase of fresh produce and other local products in a safe environment online.
The activity is being done in collaboration with Dominica News Online (DNO) and other media institutions.
The Dominica Manufacturers Association (DMA) will establish a list of fresh produce and local products that are available on the market along with the contact information of suppliers.
Consumers will be able to contact the suppliers directly to place orders via telephone/WhatsApp to have the products delivered at specified locations.
Food Purchase Instructions
To farmers and manufacturers:
- Go to Dominica News Online or Dominica Manufacturers Association Facebook page and Register your name and product.
- Insert the products that you have for sale and the price
- Leave a contact number or email for possible orders
- Arrange with other farmers in your area to supply products that you may not have.
- Develop a price list of the products and the weight
- Try to secure a minimum quantity of orders in one area to make delivery worthwhile.
- Secure a regular market with customers
To the consumers
- Go to Dominica News Online or Dominica Manufacturers Association Facebook page to seek information of suppliers
- Identify the products of interest
- Contact supplier to place order
- Collaborate with other customers within the neighborhood to facilitate on-site delivery
- All transactions are between supplier and buyer.
- If you are looking for a product that’s not listed, place a comment.
- A secure regular supply for the future beyond COVID -19
Below is a document which indicates the type of information that suppliers should provide.
Please put your information in the comments section of this post below.
That information will then be transferred to a Suppliers’ List which will be published on DNO and on the Facebook Page of the Dominica Manufacturing Association (DMA).
You can also whatsapp your information to DMA president, Severin Mckenzie, at 2451249.
The template below indicates the type of information that’s required from the supplier.