THE POSITION OF Manager of Information Technology and Networks (MITN)
All Saints University School of Medicine (ASUSM) is the only WFME – accredited medical school in the Commonwealth of Dominica, attracting students and faculty from a wide variety of countries. We want to attract an individual to join a focused and energetic team of medical educators, and associated colleagues in Dominica and in Toronto Canada, dedicated to student success in our pre-medical, medical and nursing degree programs. Our students expect an integrated and high-quality learning experience with individualized support that will prepare them to succeed in their studies and in their subsequent careers.
This position is located on our basic science campus in Roseau, Dominica.
Reporting directly to the Registrar for Administration, the MITN will be responsible for the maintenance and development of our campus IT network, servers, software, and peripheral hardware.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required include:
- hands-on experience with computer networks.
- network administration, and installation.
- excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems (Windows and OS).
- Technical planning, project management and supervisory experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
The MITN will:
- Provide primary support for the university’s IT needs including network and PC/LAN servers, maintaining, and troubleshooting network and system hardware and software. Installing security and operating system patches, and hardware as required.
- Install, configure, and maintain firewalls, switches, and wireless network devices.
- Monitor all university computers and peripheral devices to ensure they are compliant according to ASUSM policies and other requirements.
- Regularly review the IT and AV infrastructure of the university, including campus video surveillance devices.
- Develop, monitor, and maintain appropriate backup systems to ensure data preservation and timely restoration when required.
- Participate in planning for the university’s IT and AV needs to select and utilize appropriate technologies to meet ASUSM’s evolving needs.
Required knowledge and skills for position 
A bachelor’s degree, or equivalent in information technology.
At least five years of similar or related experience. Experience in university campus environments is preferred, but not essential.
Excellent communication (including presentation) and interpersonal skills
 ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/ CONFIDENTIAL SECRETARY
The suitable person will be responsible to the University Registrar for the day to day administrative functions in the Registrar’s office.
The successful candidate must possess:
- A minimum qualification of Bachelor of Science (B.Sc. / BA) Degree in Business Administration or a related discipline.
- Excellent communication skills, resourcefulness and team spirit.
- Willingness to coordinate and perform any administrative/secretarial functions as directed by the Registrar.
Previous experience in a similar position will be an added advantage
ASUSM is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion and support applicants from all backgrounds to join our team.
Remuneration: Salary for the positions is negotiable but commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Suitably qualified, interested individuals should send application with detailed Curriculum Vitae to reach the following by Friday, 10th June, 2022
Hard copy of application with relevant attachments could also be submitted at our University Campus at Hillsborough /Great George Street, Roseau, Dominica.
Only suitable candidates will be invited for interview.