The National Bank of Dominica Ltd is a leading indigenous bank in the Eastern Caribbean Currency Union (ECCU). We are seeking a dynamic and progressive individual with the relevant skills and competencies to assume the position of Manager, Information Technology.
The Manager, Information Technology is responsible for providing technical expertise to meet the technological needs of the Bank and managerial support to the Executive Manager – Operations and Information Technology. The incumbent is responsible for developing and maintaining the information technology plan, implementing, and maintaining the systems network, applications, hardware and software to meet the needs of internal and external customers, formulating strategies to protect the bank and customer data, and ensuring the effective, secure and stable operation of the Bank.
SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provides technical management of the IT operation, ensuring that agreed service levels are met and all relevant policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Takes responsibility for the design, procurement, installation, upgrading, operation, control, maintenance (including storage, modification and communication of data, voice, text, audio, and images) and effective use of IT infrastructure components and monitors their performance.
- Interprets information assurance and security policies and applies these to manage risks associated with the protection of integrity, availability, authenticity, non-repudiation and confidentiality of information and data in storage and in transit.
- Takes responsibility for the provision of support services to projects.
- Takes responsibility for major aspects of network specification and design within the organization.
- Produces network design policies, philosophies and criteria covering connectivity, capacity, interfacing, security, resilience, recovery, access, and remote access.
- Develops and maintains the internal data privacy framework including policies and procedures, roles, and responsibilities, and ensure that employees receive relevant information and training.
- Advises on financial planning and budgeting for the IT Unit.
- Monitors and manages IT expenditure, ensuring that all IT financial targets are met, and examines any areas where budgets and expenditure exceed their agreed tolerances.
- Analyses actual expenditure, explains variances, and advises on options in use of available budget.
- Prepares reports, dashboards, presentations or any other type of materials or documentation within required timeframes for the Board, Executive Management, regulator, or other parties with authorized access to such information, and including trends, analysis, and measurements against Key Performance and Risk Indicators as well as the Bank’s appetite.
- Provides accurate and timely management reports to the Executive Manager – Operations & IT and other authorities.
- Takes responsibility for and manages the performance of assigned team members to ensure a consistent, high standard of performance and productivity in accordance with Bank performance standards.
- Contributes to succession planning by identifying key strategic and operational goals, key jobs, and key people within the department, and identify activities required to make ready suitable candidates to meet the future needs of the Bank.
- Being aware of and being responsible for health and safety matters within the unit by raising matters that impact on the health, safety, security, and wellness of assigned team members.
- Liaises closely with other departments to ensure customers’ needs are met and exceeded.
- Meets regulatory compliance, Anti Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and Bank policies and procedures for all products, services, and customer transactions
- Improves one’s knowledge and skills by identifying on the job learning and other training.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, IS/IT, or related field.
- A master’s degree in computer science, MIS or MBA would be a distinct advantage.
- A background in Project Management would be an advantage.
- IT Certifications such as Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) and or Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) would also be an advantage.
- At least 5 years’ working experience in Information Technology,
- Sound knowledge of and experience in IT software and hardware in the financial industry.
- Proven track-record in managing and leading successful IT teams and projects
- Sound knowledge of the principles, regulations, and Eastern Caribbean Central Bank regulations and guidelines.
- Leadership: Demonstrate high level leadership thought and behaviours, and ability as evidenced by strong organizational, communication, presentation, negotiation, interpersonal, influencing, and decision-making skills.
- Strategic Thinking: Demonstrate sound understanding of the Bank’s position in the local, regional, and global context, including strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats, and the competitive environment. The incumbent maintains focus on strategic goals and priorities when making decisions.
- Strategic Influencing: Is capable of handling strategic communication issues both internally and externally. The incumbent builds relationships with others such as industry experts to develop arguments, rationales, or plans of action to address strategic matters. The incumbent is mindful of the potential impact of words and actions and therefore is politically astute on how to adjust language and behaviour within varying contexts.
- Developing and Coaching Talent: Demonstrate commitment to the development of all employees by supporting and facilitating learning opportunities through coaching, and mentoring, and through the sharing of expertise. The incumbent also supports on-the-job learning opportunities and delegates responsibility thereby giving others the opportunity to lead and learn new skills. The incumbent provides feedback in various contexts, equally using successes and failures as learning opportunities.
- Customer Focus: Continuously review and revise the customer service model and service standards to be able to meet the evolving needs of the customer. Models service excellence by delivering on commitments to customers.
- Results Focus: Driven to meet or exceed specific goals and objectives by planning or executing work in an effective and efficient manner. Remains focused on results and will leverage resources available and solve problems creatively to get the job done.
- Self-awareness and Personal Development: Possess the ability to identify, articulate, and build on values, interests, skills, strengths, knowledge, experiences and limitations to impact personal growth and professional success.
A competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered to the selected candidate. Please email your resume and cover letter in confidence by 15 May 2023 to the attention of Ms. Celia Richardson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: The comments on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of DominicaNewsOnline.com/Duravision Inc. All comments are approved by DominicaNewsOnline.com before they are posted. We never censor based on political or ideological points of view, but we do try to maintain a sensible balance between free speech and responsible moderating.
We will delete comments that:
See our full comment/user policy/agreement.