MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE FOOD AND FISHERIES
DOMINICA EMERGENCY AGRICULTURAL LIVELIHOODS AND CLIMATE RESILIENCE PROJECT
CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Support for Farmers
The Government of Dominica has received funding from the World Bank for the “Dominica Emergency Agricultural Livelihoods and Climate Resilience Project (DEALCRP)” to be implemented in a five-year period.
To contribute to restoring Agricultural livelihoods and enhancing climate resilience of farmers affected by Hurricane Maria,through provision of:
- An essential package of inputs (mainly improved quality seeds and fertilizers), tools, and materials for the replanting or restoration of crops.
(b) Technical advisory services and training.
To be Eligible the Crop Farmers Must:
- Be involved in farming either on a full-time basis or part-time and crop production should be a major source of income.Public Servants involved in farming are eligible.
- Provide two current forms of legal identification , (Social Security Card and Passport ) Bring along original and a copy
- Have a produce sellers’ license
- Show proof of land ownership or have a legal lease/ agreement of at least a 3-year period.
- Producers from the Kailnago Territory should provide a letter from the Kalinago Council stating legal rights to the land, or a lease.
- Have enough farm labor or equipment to implement the required cropping area or financial capacity to contract (seasonal) labor
- Have been substantially affected by Hurricane Maria.
Interested Individuals can obtain:
- Expression of Interest Form, a copy of the project benefits and receives assistance in completing the forms at the nearest Extension Offices.
Commercial Livestock Farmers and Fishers affected by Hurricane Maria are NOT left out. They will receive a separate Call for Expressions of Interest.
Additional information can be obtained from:
The regional extension offices or at the Project Implementation Unit (PIU), Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Fisheries, located in Fond Cole, at the former DAPEX Building, near the Coast Guard Base. Telephone # 266 3779