Residents qualified to vote in the December 06 general elections have until midnight to register.
A media release from the electoral office states that after the clock strikes twelve, attempted registrations after that point will not be included in the electors list used in the general elections.
In Bellevue Chopin, where there is no Assistant Registering Officer, however the registering officer Timothy Moses will be available.
In Fond Cole Lucy Belle Mathew will remain available to register new electors.
Meanwhile the Electoral Office says staff will be engaged in intense training over the next few weeks with election officers prior to general elections to ensure officers are well refreshed on general election procedures.
Nomination Day is November 19th, 2019.
Below is information on the registration process from the electoral office website
Registration is required in order to vote at Council Elections or at Elections of Representatives of the House of Assembly (General Elections). The following are the requirements for registration:
- Ensure that you are qualified to be registered
- Go to the Registering Officer or the Assistant Registering Officer in your Polling District with:
- A birth certificate, passport or other form of pictorial identification which shows your date of birth; and
- A witness (mother, father, brother, sister, friend, neighbor) who is already registered as an elector in the same Polling District for which you are applying for register.
- Complete a Notice of Claim form. The form must be signed by you and your witness.
- The Registering Officer or Assistant Registering Officer will give you an original Certificate of Application for Registration as proof that you have applied for registration.
- To verify that your name has been included on the voters’ list, go the Registering Officer or Assistant Registering Officer in your Polling District or check the list posted in your community.