Climate Resilience Execution Agency for Dominica (CREAD)
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Following the devastation caused by Hurricane Maria in September 2017, the Government of the Commonwealth of Dominica (GoCD) established a specialized, autonomous entity, the Climate Resilience Execution Agency for Dominica (CREAD), to lead the thrust to make Dominica the first climate resilient nation in the world.
CREAD is funded by international development partners, and has a clear focus on identifying, prioritizing, developing and implementing transformational projects that build strong communities, a sustainable economy, durable infrastructure and critical supporting systems to make Dominica more resilient. It operates at the highest levels of professionalism, integrity and efficiency, and works closely with key strategic and operational partners from the public, private and social sectors to deliver results.
The Finance Officer will manage all financial and personnel operations of CREAD and oversee the administration function. The Finance Officer will ensure that all payments and disbursements are consistent with the procedures of the Government of the Commonwealth of Dominica and the relevant development partners
- Ensures that adequate financial controls are in enforced to maintain full accountability of all disbursements and expenditure;
- Ensures that all financial transactions are properly authorized, recorded, have adequate supporting documentation, and can be easily retrieved for the purpose of preparing financial statements and financial audits;
- Monitors budgets and expenditures and contributes to preparation of any budget revisions;
- Prepares and submits timely and reliable financial statements and reports and donor reports;
- Establishes appropriate monitoring systems for all disbursement and expenditure;
- Ensures that all procurement process and expenditure comply with CREAD, GoCD and development partner requirements;
- Formulates strategic and long-term financial projections and business plans;
- Researches and reports on factors influencing financial performance;
- Liaises with auditors to ensure annual monitoring is carried out;
- Assists CEO in all relationships with relevant financial stakeholders, e.g. auditors, Ministry accounting officers and bankers;
- Oversees all financial tasks related to the organization of conferences, workshops, seminars and retreats.
- Ensures full compliance of the Agency with all established rules, regulations and policies;
- Identifies and assesses risks in a timely manner to avoid delays in the
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or equivalent;
- A minimum of 7 years’ relevant work experience in finance and administrative functions;
- Experience with the financial management of development partner-funded projects;
- Experience in the preparation of budget variance analysis;
- Experience working in QuickBooks.
- Experience producing Donor reports or financial reports at some level.
- Experience with Audits- preparing annual financial statements and schedules.
- Reconciliation of accounts- Bank Statements and General Ledger accounts
- Preparation of payroll; including deductions, sickness benefit etc.
- Demonstrate ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of stake-holders;
- Sound judgment and the ability to work with minimal direction;
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work under pressure;
- Very strong communication skills;
- Fluency in English;
- Creative and pragmatic approach to problem solving;
- Well-organized and strong attention to details.
Disclaimer: The comments on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of DominicaNewsOnline.com/Duravision Inc. All comments are approved by DominicaNewsOnline.com before they are posted. We never censor based on political or ideological points of view, but we do try to maintain a sensible balance between free speech and responsible moderating.
We will delete comments that:
See our full comment/user policy/agreement.