EASTERN CARIBBEAN TELECOMMUNICATIONS AUTHORITY (ECTEL)
POST OF ACCOUNTANT
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for appointment to the post of ACCOUNTANT with the Eastern Caribbean Telecommunications Authority (ECTEL) at its regional Headquarters’ office located in Saint Lucia.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Accountant shall be expected to, among other things:
• Recommend, maintain, and adhere to internal controls.
• Ensure that accounts are maintained in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards and are produced on a timely basis.
• Prepare quarterly financial statements for submission to the Chief Financial Officer.
• Perform account reconciliations, and prepare supporting schedules, as required.
• Provide management accounting information to Department Heads to guide their operations and budgetary allocations.
• Promote the maintenance of proper accounting records and filing system for the Department.
• Submit reports and other requirements to facilitate the timely conduct of the Directorate’s external and other audits.
• Supervise staff to ensure that accounting functions are performed efficiently and effectively.
• Assess needs and recommend and assist with training plans for staff.
• Assure the timely invoicing of Licensees and update of accounts receivables.
• Under the guidance of the Chief Financial Officer support the management of accounts receivables.
• Prepare monthly payroll in accordance with established procedures.
• Maintain a fixed asset register and associated schedules.
• Ensure that fixed assets are adequately insured.
• Assist the Chief Financial Officer with the preparation of annual budgets.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The applicant should possess:
• Minimum of a professional qualification as recognized by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of the Eastern Caribbean
• BSc in Accounting or Finance.
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in accounting or financial management.
• Minimum of three (3) years’ experience supervising accounting staff.
• Working knowledge of public sector accounting, regulations and practices would be an asset.
• In-depth knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)Ability to analyse and interpret financial information.
• Proficient in the use of SAGE-50, other accounting Software and Microsoft Office.
• Ability to prioritize effectively and execute plans to support organizational success.
• Proven leadership skills with the capacity to delegate effectively, develop, motivate and inspire others.
• Effective communication, writing and presentation skills.
• Results oriented and sound decision-making ability.
• Ability to apply critical thinking to assess and analyse situations to support the best outcomes.
• Ability to work independently and in teams with cross-functional relationships.
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Strives for continuous improvement.
• Ability to work within tight timeframes and strict deadlines.
• Strong report writing skills and the ability to perform thorough and accurate verification of reports.
• Demonstrated ability to discretely handle highly confidential and sensitive information.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
The successful applicant will be offered a permanent position following successful completion of the probation period.
The compensation package is set at Grade 4, is free of income tax, and includes housing, vehicle and communication allowances.
The successful applicant will be based at the Authority’s Headquarters in Saint Lucia and will be entitled to a relocation grant and baggage allowances (including transfer of a vehicle) if recruited outside of the duty station.
Please go to the website, www.ectel.int and click on “About Us” and “Career Opportunities” or follow the link below to apply:
Applications should be accompanied by the applicant’s curriculum vitae and the names and contact information of three (3) referees, along with certified copies of relevant certificates.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 21st April 2023 at 4:30 p. m.
Disclaimer: The comments on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of DominicaNewsOnline.com/Duravision Inc. All comments are approved by DominicaNewsOnline.com before they are posted. We never censor based on political or ideological points of view, but we do try to maintain a sensible balance between free speech and responsible moderating.
We will delete comments that:
See our full comment/user policy/agreement.