The National Bank of Dominica Ltd. is a leading indigenous bank in the Eastern Caribbean Currency Union. We are seeking a Managing Director with outstanding leadership skills who can effectively and efficiently improve the performance of the NBD Group. Our ideal candidate would have a proven track record of successfully orchestrating and executing strategic plans to gain competitive advantage and being a sales champion.
As the Managing Director, the individual will report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to set the goals, strategy, and direction of the Bank. The individual will collaborate with the executive management and staff to grow revenue and profitability, increase new and sound business opportunities, maintain a results oriented performance culture, maintain effective and relevant internal structures, policies and risk management, produce financial statements in compliance with relevant regulations and standards, and build positive working relationships with the Bank’s key stakeholders in Dominica and the wider region.
SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES include:
- Implementing Board of Directors decisions in order to achieve the vision, mission, goals, objectives and performance targets of the
- Enhancing the alignment between the Banking products and technology and streamlining operations with technology to meet and surpass the customers’ need and
- Working closely with the Board, Executive Management and staff to formulate, realign, implement and or execute the Bank’s strategic and Business Plan to the changing business environment/situations.
- Ensuring that the Bank is managed within the targets, financial ratios and results set and approved in the strategic and business
- Ensuring that the NBD Group is profitably and prudently managed without hampering growth.
- Ensuring that all required documentation, security and risk management systems are in place and followed in order that NBD receives a Satisfactory or better Audit & Risk rating and does not suffer any financial loss/negative
- Ensuring the maintenance of the quality of the loans
- Ensuring the implementation of effective and timely liquidity management and the profitable and prudent administration of the Bank’s investment
- Ensuring the formulation and implementation of effective customer care, marketing and advertising and public awareness
- Leading a results-orientated organisational culture and being responsible for the overall performance and productivity of the Bank’s human
- Working closely with Eastern Caribbean Central Bank (ECCB), Government officials, other Banks and Financial organisations as
- Forging strategic alliances and networking with key stakeholders of the financial and other communities to build and maintain critical relationships and market mutually beneficial products and services
- Carrying out other duties as may be assigned
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- At least a Master in Business Administration or a First Degree and Post-Graduate Diploma in Business/ Finance/Management or relevant field
- Work experience of a minimum of 8 years in Commercial Lending
- 10 years progressively responsible banking experience, at least 5 of which should be in a senior managerial position preferably in a financial
- Meet the “Fit and Proper” requirements pursuant to Section 97 of the Banking Act of Dominica No.4 of
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Proven integrity and initiative
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills
- Demonstrated sound analytical and risk assessment skills
- Proven ability to network extensively and to market and sell products and services
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communications skills – verbal and written
- Empathic, personable, flexible team player
- Demonstrated sound judgement and tact in customer interaction
- Strong business/profit orientation
- Organised, thorough and accurate
- Strong negotiation skills
- Computer literate with intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Suite
- Strategic thinker with proven ability to identify and assess trends and changes in the global environment and to manage and influence positive change in a timely manner
A competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered to the selected candidate. Please email your resume and cover letter in confidence by April 14, 2021 to the attention of Ms. Macina Bethel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.