The Dominica Manufacturers Association (DMA) has elected 16 executive members for the 2016/2017 term, President of the association Jean-Yves Bonnaire has announced.
He made that announcement while delivering an address at the fifth Annual General Meeting (AGM) held at the Garraway Hotel on Wednesday.
According to him, this shall allow the association to increase representation at forums where the interests of the sector are discussed.
Newly elected executive members/products manufactured are:
– Mrs. Anora StLouis – Honey
– Mrs. Henrieta Seraphine – Arts & Craft rep
– Mrs. Anthea George – Coconut oil
– Mr. Eric Frampton – Flour
– Mr. Guy Scott – Teas and herbs
– Mr. Joseph McNamara – DYBT
– Mr. Mike Wallace – Oil
Returning executive members are:
– Mrs. Gail Defoe – Teas and herbs
– Mrs. Roslyn Sorhaindo-Medar – Paints
– Mr. Adrien Bannis – Coconut oil
– Mr. Shayan Monelle – Invest Dominica Authority
– Mr. Glen Gittens – Cement
– Mr. Martel Daniel – Jams and jellies
– Mr. Severin McKenzie – Toilet paper
– Mr. Petit-Louis Aceus – Garments
– Mr. Jean-Yves Bonnaire – Quarry materials
“This gives a good overview of the different sub-sectors of our local manufacturing sector,” Bonnaire said
He stated further that positions will be determined on February 3rd, 2016 at the association’s next executive meeting.
“Until then I will continue to act as President of the DMA and Severin McKenzie as first Vice-President,” he stated.
This year’s AGM was observed under the theme “Enhancement of Quality Products for Economic Growth.”