Robbery suspects, Wesley residents Troy Henry and Irwin Prince have been denied bail.
The two men, represented by attorney Joshua Francis, were brought before magistrate Candia George on Thursday, after being charged with robbery and burglary of non-national resident Elizabeth Egberton.
Goods worth $10,720.65 which include a laptop, 2 cell phones and a digital camera were alleged to have been stolen from the home of the victim.
Inspector Claude Weekes, the prosecutor, told the court that firearms were used in the commission of the robbery, most of the stolen items were not recovered and that the accused had made threats to kill the victim if she reported the matter to the police.
He also informed the court that the fire arms were not yet recovered by the police and that ongoing investigations showed that another individual who was also involved in the crime was not captured.
DNO had reported earlier that the victim, an American living in Dominica for the past nine years, was said to have been beaten with a cutlass and robbed at gunpoint.
She was also reportedly raped.
Attorney Francis argued that the men deserved the fundamental right to their liberty.
However Magistrate George indicated that she had to consider the public interest amongst various other elements.
She said on that basis she was denying the two bail.