Coulibistrie Primary School safety assessment report completed Saint Jean says

The Coulibistrie Primary School was severely affected by TS Erika
The Coulibistrie Primary School was severely affected by TS Erika

An assessment report to determine the safety of the Coulibistrie Primary School has been completed and Education Minister Petter Saint Jean said he is presently awaiting it to reach his desk.

The minister made that announcement during a press conference held at Ministry of Education on Wednesday.

The school was severely damaged following the passage of Tropical Storm Erika which affected the island on August 27 and presently students of that school are have occupied the Salisbury Primary School.

The Salisbury Primary School also suffered damage following the storm.

According to Saint Jean, the report will advise his ministry whether they should proceed with works at both schools.

“The assessment has been done, it has not reached my desk as yet, but the assessment has been done,” he said.

He revealed that the ministry has engaged Vivian Trotter to conduct assessments on school around the island that were affected during the storm.

He said initially works to be done at Salisbury was to ensure that the students of Coulibistrie could be accommodated.

Disclaimer: The comments on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of DominicaNewsOnline.com/Duravision Inc. All comments are approved by DominicaNewsOnline.com before they are posted. We never censor based on political or ideological points of view, but we do try to maintain a sensible balance between free speech and responsible moderating.

We will delete comments that:

  • violate or infringe the rights of any person, are defamatory or harassing or include personal attacks
  • are abusive, profane or offensive
  • contain material which violates or encourages others to violate any applicable law
  • promote hatred of any kind
  • refer to people arrested or charged with a crime as though they had been found guilty
  • contain links to "chain letters", pornographic or obscene movies or graphic images
  • are excessively long and off-message

See our full comment/user policy/agreement.

2 Comments

  1. Me
    January 21, 2016

    Took them only five months. God help Dominica!

  2. dissident
    January 21, 2016

    I am very disappointed that it appears that the study took about 4 months.
    Is that for one school or all schools on the island?
    Why is it that the ministry of works doesn’t have engineering technicians who can go around to collect information and do the various tests at the material tests lab?
    I wonder if the 3 people at the lab perhaps needs extra help. Perhaps they need more manpower.
    Personally i think that public works corporation is quite capable with the engineers and ground personnel for such civil works.

Post a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

:) :-D :wink: :( 8-O :lol: :-| :cry: 8) :-? :-P :-x :?: :oops: :twisted: :mrgreen: more »

 characters available