The Environmental Club of the Dominica State College (DSC) has organised a show – Green Gala- which will be held on April 18, 2015 from 7pm at the Arawak House of Culture.
The show promises to be a very interesting one and intends to meet the following objectives:
1. To show how recycled materials can be used in fashion;
2. To increase environmental awareness, through the speech round, question and answer round and the performances during the show; and
3. To showcase the natural beauty of Dominica in the evening wear segment;
This event sees the involvement of the clubs in the campus ecosystem and four clubs of the DSC will be competing under various themes for the Green Gala title. The clubs involved are:
1. Business League – Khadjah Moore (Rainforest)
2. Glee Club – Kenisha Hadeed (Moonlit night)
3. Debating Club – Johanna Faustin (Waterfalls)
4. Biology Club – Jayanne Pierre (Under the sea)
5. Chess Club – Shervoine Hilary (Sunrise/Sunset)
There will also a runway segment put on by the Environmental Club which will showcase the use of recycled material in fashion.
Proceeds of this show will be used for the following:
1. To place signage around DSC as a constant reminder to all of their environmental obligations; and
2. To place bins around the upper campus;
The show promises to be interesting, enjoyable, full of fun and educational. The Environmental Club of the Dominica State College urges the public to come out in large numbers to show their support for an event which intends to increase environmental awareness which is very important to Dominica promoting itself as the “Nature Island of the World”.
The price for admission is $10.00 for any student with ID and $15.00 for others.
Tickets can be purchased from Jays Ltd, DSC Cashier’s Office and the DSC Library.