Jemer Joseph, of Woodfordhill, has emerged the winner of Iron Chef Dominica 2013 Competition held at the Anchorage Hotel on Thursday evening.
Joseph is a chef at Secret Bay Resort near Portsmouth.
This is the second time the competition was held and it forms part of the 20th Anniversary celebration of DIVE FEST.
The judging criteria for the Iron Chef competition was as follows:
1. Presentation of Chef
2. Skill & Efficiency
3. Flare and Showmanship
4. Choice/diversity of dishes
5. Creativity, artistry and extent of use of the ingredients
6. Presentation of dishes
7. Taste of dishes
The Chefs had 30 minutes on Center-Stage to produce a starter and a main course.
Competitors were supplied with the following:
1. A 2 burner table top stove, set on a table with a basin
2. Branded ingredients from Astaphans and vegetables from the local market
3. Hot water in flasks, water for rinsing and cleaning, and plates/bowls for service,
4. Chefs were asked to come equipped with their tools including their favourite skillets, small saucepan(s), utensils and of-course knives and a good chopping board.
Last year Jessica Pinard-Byrne Yard, Food Enthusiast and Entrepreneur, won the title.