In order to better prepare for the review of the 30th anniversary of World Rivers Day (WRD) carded for September 26, the WRD Committee will be conducting a survey of the rivers in Dominica.
Participants will be asked the following questions:
1. Is the river in your community ‘healthy’?
2. Is your Village Council river-friendly?
3. Is your Parliamentarian Representative river-friendly?
4. Are the businesses in the vicinity of the river (s) river friendly?
5. Have your Village Council conducted test to ascertain the status of the water in your community?
6. Are there living creatures in your river?
7. Are you familiar with the creatures in your river?
8. Is your river better today than in the past?
9. Do you think you can do any thing to reclaim your river?
10. What do you think can be done to save our rivers?
According to tests done in the Carib Territory, Carib Chief Mr. Garnet Joseph claims that the water provided to the general public is under question as to the status of the quality of water.