Education Minister Peter St Jean has denounced the latest incident in which a tourist visiting Dominica has been brutally attacked.
Dominica News Online received information earlier that a French tourist was robbed and raped in Calibishie on Tuesday night.
The information we received also suggested that a road runner was stolen.
Reports are that the license number of the stolen vehicle is TK098.
The Calibishie incident comes on the heels of a German couple being attacked at Salisbury over the weekend.
Minister St Jean says such deplorable acts against visitors is of grave concern to the state, but should also trouble every concerned Dominican.
“The tourist industry as fragile as it is contributes significantly to our development. One incident is too much for us, and we all as a people must take a positive stance against those types of activities,” the minister said.
He conceded that government had to take the initiative to attempt to minimize such incidents, but added that Dominicans in general had to be concerned as well.
“It is a matter for us as individuals to recognize that the survival of Dominica, our economic well-being depends on the action that we take as individuals and that every Dominican, every community, must ensure that we condemn the actions that will negatively impact on our development,” St Jean told Dominica News Online.