The Alwin Bully Foundation will commemorate what would have been the 75th Birthday of Dr Alwin Bully on 23rd November 2023. The event will highlight Alwin Bully the Film Director and will showcase six (6) short films that he either directed or wrote and directed, including Oseyi and The Masqueraders which he wrote and directed and was presented at several film festivals including the Trinidad & Tobago/Carifesta Film Festival and the Caribbean Tales Film Festival in Toronto.
We Remember Him – Movie Night will be held at the Alliance Francaise de La Dominique auditorium on Thursday November 23, 2023 from 7pm. This fundraising event will cost EC$25. Tickets can be bought at Bulls Eye Pharmacy
and at the gate.
Synopsis of the Movie shorts:
1. The Garden – Would you treat your long-lost friend from Foreign that way?
2. Musical Powerhouse of the Caribbean – A documentary on Cadence Lypso and Bouyon Music
3. Pretending Reality – The pain of a little boy wanting to know his real father
4. Dominica will Rise – Look Us Band music video after TS Erika
5. It Only Takes One… – A High School student’s plight after sexual abuse brings on fear of HIV and related stigma (Featuring the Joint Secondary schools Drama Group)
6. Oseyi and the Masqueraders – A coming of age story of a young boy who must conquer his fear of the Bann Movė if he is to follow the family tradition. (Alwin’s last Movie production)
On Friday 24th November at the Emerald Movie Theatre there will be a special presentation of these films for State College and Secondary School Students at 2:30pm. Tickets for this showing cost EC$15 and can be bought at the Movie Theatre on the 24th.