Ayurveda is a system of holistic, natural medicine. It heals the whole person by bringing back to balance any imbalance that occurred in the body, mind, emotions or spirit.
When someone sees an Ayurvedic Doctor, he will take the pulse and determine what imbalances are in the body and what illnesses are being caused or are already present in the body. In this way you can know if you have a tendency to have this or that ailment even before it actually manifests as an illness in the body. Sometimes someone may be complaining of pains somewhere in the body, but after going through many tests, the illness does not show up.
The Body Types are determined according to the 5 elements. Ether, Air, Fire, Water, and Earth. A combination of Ether and Air becomes Vata or Air, Fire and Water becomes Fire, and Water and Earth becomes Earth.
If you are Air predominant, you may learn very quickly, but also forget quickly. You walk and accomplish tasks quickly. You have a tendency to suffer from gas problems and constipation if you are imbalanced as the seat of Air is in the Intestines. You worry easily and have a tendency to speak too fast. To keep Air balanced, you need to sleep on time (at or about 10 pm) have a regular routine, not skip meals and enjoy fresh air and Nature, take a little rest in the afternoons about 10 to 15 minutes after lunch.
If you are predominant Fire, you have a sharp intellect, smooth oily skin, body is hot and you have a tendency to drink icy-cold water to try to cool down. This throws you off balance even more. The sun may bother your head, eyes and skin. Stomach problems may bother you because the stomach is the seat of Fire. Digestion is strong. You are time conscious and may be easily irritated, you find it very difficult to skip meals. To keep balanced especially in the hot tropics, drink mint teas, stay away from icy-cold water, drink cool or warm water or teas.
If you are predominant Earth, you move slowly, accomplish everything slowly in your own time. Normally good natured but if imbalanced, can hold a grudge and hate. You gather things including objects, clutter, but also water which causes water retention, etc in the body. You are prone be overweight. You are normally very affectionate.
Ayurveda looks at illness as a process. If you have a boil, an imbalance somewhere in the body caused the boil. This is the symptom with all the pain it brings with it. That imbalance in the body may have been caused by something else. What is the cause? This is the main focus of Ayurveda. Once the cause is balanced, that is, working properly again, then the symptoms begin to dissipate. According to how deeply affected the body is already, that Ayurvedic treatment would have to be repeated, but normally, once balance is coming back to the mind/body/spirit, one begins to feel better and health is restored.
Today we will look at: Enlarged Prostate
Enlargement of the Prostate gland is normally an illness that affects older men. Now, in modern times, men experience it at a much younger age. The Ayurvedic Text which were written about 6000 years ago, describe Prostrate Enlargement as being of three types and what should be done to redress the problem.
“The Vata (Air) type is due to Air imbalance and will result in symptoms of lower back pain, low energy and constipation.
The Pitta (Fire) type is caused by fire imbalance, and will result in symptoms of infection, swelling and fever, the urine will be dark yellow or red.
The Kapha (Earth) type is caused by Earth or Water imbalance and will result in symptoms of water retention and excess phlegm.
The most common symptom is the frequency with which the patient has to urinate, two or three times or more each night, as well as constantly during the day.
- It may be difficult to stop urinating once the process has started.
- The stream is narrower and less powerful than before.
- There may be a tendency to dribble urine.
- After urinating, one still has the feeling of incomplete evacuation.
- Straining may cause some blood to appear in the urine.
- As the condition progresses, it can become very painful.
- Cystitis may develop and in time, the flow of urine may reduced to a few drops at a time or stop altogether, a condition known as retention.
There are several Ayurvedic herbs recommended for this ailment, but because of the different body types, it is good to have the guidance of an Ayurvedic Doctor (Vaidya). Also, the herbs are written in Sanscrit.
Ayurvedic medicines are natural and from 1980, Maharishi Ayurveda was established. http://www.maharishiayurvedaindia.com/
It is the first Ayurvedic Company to have been granted the International Certification in the form of ISO 9001 – 2000, HACCP, GMP, and cGMP Certifications. There are very good Ayurvedic Supplements which will help to relieve this problems significantly.
The above illness can also be successfully treated through a combination of
1. Panchakarma, (Ayurvedic 5 fold treatment, which includes Ayurvedic Massage according to the individual’s body type. The oils used are personalized to your specific body type; Shirodara, Oil treatment for the head; Swedana, Heat treatment according to body type; Basti, Cleansing of the Digestive Track, and Rasayana, Ayurvedic medicines and Supplements). (All treatments in Ayurveda is done according to the individual’s body type, completely personalized.
2. Sound Therapy, or (MVVT), Maharishi Vedic Vibration Therapy,
3. Light Therapy, Maharishi Light Therapy with Gems. These Maharishi Ayurvedic Clinics are world famous for their many success stories. www.theraj.com or http://www.ayurveda-germany.com/ There are a few practitioners of Gem Light Therapy in the Caribbean who can be invited to Dominica if there is a group of persons wishing to be treated.
All treatments are non-invasive and have no harmful side effects. The intelligence of the body is enlivened and balance is restored. Treatments are done in collaboration with the patient’s physician, and in most cases the results begin to be felt instantly from the first sessions.
We also offer Vedic Rejuvenation Packages for persons who are well and are just looking for well-being, reversal of the aging process, and greater happiness, more energy, creativity, productivity, etc.
If you need assistance in finding an Ayurvedic Doctor, do contact Dr. Lucia John and you will be given the necessary guidance on how and where to find one. If you contact me, you may be able to take MVVT right here in Dominica.
Please contact Dr. Lucia John (Ph.D)
9 Eden’s Lane, Goodwill
1 767 316 9765 or 1 767 614 0903
P.S. Ayurvedic treatments are very successful with many other ailments for which there is no cure yet in modern medicine.