Dominica’s tourism and health authorities initiated new measures to improve monitoring and enforce compliance to health and safety protocols by travellers. Effective February 2, 2021 all arriving passengers and crew who are to undergo a period of quarantine, will be assigned colour coded wristbands.
Wristbands will be placed on passengers’ right hand by a medical professional at all ports of entry and will be assigned as follows:
- Travellers who will be on mandatory quarantine at a Safe in Nature certified property will be assigned a neon green wristband.
- Travellers who will be on mandatory quarantine at the government quarantine facility will be assigned neon orange wristbands.
- Crew and passengers on cargo vessels and yachts who will be quarantined on their vessel will be assigned neon orange wristbands.
- Airline crew who will transit overnight at a Safe in Nature certified property will be assigned a neon orange armband.
- In transit passengers who will be quarantined at a Safe in Nature certified property will be assigned a light blue armband.
- Travellers who will be assigned to in room isolation will be given a neon red armband. Those going to in-room isolation at a Safe in Nature property will also be assigned a neon green armband, the latter signifying mandatory quarantine.
- Deportees, detainees and illegal entrants who will be quarantined at the government run facility will be assigned a white wristband.
Wristbands can only be removed by a designated health worker, or the COVID-19 point person at Safe in Nature properties once the traveller has been medically cleared. A penalty of $2500 shall be applied if wristbands are removed before the traveller has been medically cleared. The general public is asked to report any instances of persons seen in public wearing the wristbands.
For more information on Dominica, contact Discover Dominica Authority at +1 767 448 2045. Or, visit Dominica’s official website: www.DiscoverDominica.com, follow Dominica on Twitter., Instagram and Facebook and take a look at our videos on YouTube.