BREAKING NEWS: Barbados records two cases Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Barbados has two confirmed cases of the COVD-19 virus.

Minister of Health and Wellness, Lt Col Jeffrey Bostic made the announcement moments ago in a live address at the Ministry of Health in that country, according to the Barbados NationNews.

Bostic said that the infected persons will remain in isolation until they recover and assured Barbadians that there was no need to panic.

Barbados joins the list of 163 countries which have recorded a case of the virus. To date, there are more than 188 000 cases and almost 7500 deaths.

The virus is present in St Lucia, Guyana, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago and Suriname. There are also confirmed cases in Guadeloupe, Martinique, the Dominican Republic and other parts of the French and Spanish-speaking Caribbean.

Read the full statement made by the Barbados Minister of Health and Wellness as reported by Barbados Today.

Disclaimer: The comments on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of DominicaNewsOnline.com/Duravision Inc. All comments are approved by DominicaNewsOnline.com before they are posted. We never censor based on political or ideological points of view, but we do try to maintain a sensible balance between free speech and responsible moderating.

We will delete comments that:

  • violate or infringe the rights of any person, are defamatory or harassing or include personal attacks
  • are abusive, profane or offensive
  • contain material which violates or encourages others to violate any applicable law
  • promote hatred of any kind
  • refer to people arrested or charged with a crime as though they had been found guilty
  • contain links to "chain letters", pornographic or obscene movies or graphic images
  • are excessively long and off-message

See our full comment/user policy/agreement.

3 Comments

  1. TeteMorne I From
    March 18, 2020

    Look CAREFULLY— is it me, or, does that virus have a face, nose, mouth, and a wicked set of teeth?

  2. Itassi too
    March 17, 2020

    @ Lin Clown, under the DNO’s article about Grenada PM says he will not gamble with his people, you posted on my comment that I and UWp supporters are idiots and that’s why Junior lost his deposit. Unfortunately you exposed yourself because Junior did not lost his deposit because he polled over 1/8 of votes cast. Skerrit got 1105 and UWp 228. Total votes cast =1333. Uwp got over 20%. All you so blind and misleading. No UWp lost their deposit. Here is the Constitution and DNO please correct these idiots when moderating

    “Deposits shall be returned by the Financial Secretary to the person who made the deposit or his personal representatives, as the case may be, upon the production by him or by them, within one month of the conclusion of the election in respect to which the deposit was made of a certificate from he Chief Election Officer that the candidate was elected or polled not less than one-eighth of the total number of votes counted at the election.”

  3. My Bad
    March 17, 2020

    Are they the Bajan advisors of Roosevelt Skerrit? If not I don’t understand why that would be breaking news in Dominica.

Post a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

:) :-D :wink: :( 8-O :lol: :-| :cry: 8) :-? :-P :-x :?: :oops: :twisted: :mrgreen: more »

 characters available