Kenny Mitchel’s alleged killer sues hotel for failing to protect him from alleged attack

Scott Hapgood left and Kenny Mitchel

The Connecticut banker charged in the death of an Anguilla hotel worker has filed a lawsuit against the luxury resort chain — claiming they were negligent in protecting him and his family from the now-slain employee according to a New York Post article.

Scott Hapgood claims Auberge Resorts — which owns the five-star Malliouhana hotel — should have fired employee Kenny Mitchel because he had criminal charges pending against him, according to the lawsuit filed Monday in a California court.

“Auberge let Mitchel — this drunk, high, delinquent, accused-rapist employee — stay in an Auberge uniform and gave him unrestricted access to its guests, including children,” the suit claims.

Hapgood, 44, faces manslaughter charges on the Caribbean island in the April 13 scuffle that left 27-year-old Mitchel dead.

However this is case has seen inconsistencies regarding the allegations and counter allegations even as far as the official reports go.

In a revised toxicology report dated 3rd September it was found that “Acute cocaine toxicity could have been a potentially independent cause of death in the known circumstances,” quoting Dr. Stephen King, who oversaw the autopsy according to CNN.

The original autopsy in April found that Mitchel’s death was due to “prone restraint and positional asphyxia,”.

Notably, Mitchell’s ex and mother of his child who accused the decease of rape 1 month before his death claims that the rape charge was a result of a “misunderstanding”.

The family of Kenny Mitchel also sought to sue Hapgood back in December citing damages and costs of Mitchel’s funeral as well as loss of wages he could have earned had he not been killed – citing the original autopsy report.

DNO has attempted to contact the Anguillian resort for comment on this recent lawsuit with no response thus far.

Disclaimer: The comments on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of DominicaNewsOnline.com/Duravision Inc. All comments are approved by DominicaNewsOnline.com before they are posted. We never censor based on political or ideological points of view, but we do try to maintain a sensible balance between free speech and responsible moderating.

We will delete comments that:

  • violate or infringe the rights of any person, are defamatory or harassing or include personal attacks
  • are abusive, profane or offensive
  • contain material which violates or encourages others to violate any applicable law
  • promote hatred of any kind
  • refer to people arrested or charged with a crime as though they had been found guilty
  • contain links to "chain letters", pornographic or obscene movies or graphic images
  • are excessively long and off-message

See our full comment/user policy/agreement.

3 Comments

  1. Sakah
    January 20, 2020

    That sounds to me like a tactic to remove the focus from him. Garcon just own up and say exactly what happen.

  2. Up den dung
    January 16, 2020

    :lol: :lol: There is so much some people don’t understand with the “CHILDREN OF FALLEN ANGELS.” The are responsible for all the chaos this world is in right now.

    Bible says, in the last days men will call good evil, and evil good. Don’t be surprised if this thing wins his case. We are in such a time, people. Enoch said, “They have their portion now.”

  3. Goodweed
    January 16, 2020

    So how does a fugitive now wants to sue?
    And what is the “misunderstanding”? Did he have consent or not?

Post a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

:) :-D :wink: :( 8-O :lol: :-| :cry: 8) :-? :-P :-x :?: :oops: :twisted: :mrgreen: more »

 characters available