Police say they are investigating the death of a 4-year-old who died after he reportedly came in contact with an electrified extension cord in Grand Bay.
The incident occurred on Friday and the child has been identified as Ryelle Morancie.
According to the police, the child left his mother inside their home and went into the cellar with his 9-year-old sister where he came in contact with the cord.
The child fell and his unresponsive body was taken inside the house by his sister.
An alarm was raised and the child was taken the Grand Bay Health Center where he was pronounced dead.
The police say investigations into the incident continue.