His Excellency the President of the Commonwealth of Dominica
Nicholas J.O. Liverpool Esq. D.A.H., O.C.C., Ph.D.
The President’s Office
Commonwealth of Dominica
I would refer to the Police Investigation into the attempted murder of my wife and I by the firebombing of my home on December 25, 2010.
Regarding this investigation, I am constrained to the view that there is a conspiracy to pervert the course of justice within the Police Force, the Commissioner of police and the Executive Branch of the Commonwealth of Dominica.
This view I have formed based on the following (summary) of primary reasons:-
• The credible confession of the arsonist;
• The corroborating evidence of the Arsonist’s Uncle;
• The corroborating available evidence to the police as an out growth of the arsonist’s confession;
• The absconding of a person of interest on April 18, 2011 from the jurisdiction following credible information of a break in the case;
• The documentary evidence of motive;
• The convoluted and contradictory statements on the investigation from the Commissioner of Police;
• The briefings of the investigating officer on the Police investigation to date;
• The interview of the person of interest by Mr. Anthony Astaphan S.C., he being the lead counsel for my former partner;
• The referral of the matter to Cabinet and the failure of the Government to condemn the atrocity and his alleged briefings to Cabinet and his public statements on this matter ;
• The briefings of the Deputy Commissioner of Police on the Police investigation to date; and
• The failure of the Police to investigate the related, theft of almost $6.9 million of the firm’s fees, the sabotage of my Associate’s car and the theft of my firm’s computer.
In these grave circumstances for all concerned I hereby call upon you, Your Excellency to use your good offices to prevail upon the Government to establish a Commission of Inquiry into these matters with the utmost urgency.
Failing which, the Commissioner of Police should resign forthwith so that the investigation can be brought to a proper closure and justice thereby served.
Should you require further information from me please do not hesitate to contact me at the above address and telephone numbers.
GLENWORTH O.N. EMANUEL
Cc: Hon. Roosevelt Skerrit – Prime Minister of the Commonwealth of Dominica
Hon. Hector John – Leader of the Opposition
And in the public’s interest, copied to all media houses