Patrick John is appealing a decision by FIFA that has banned him from football for two years.
John said in an almost five minute statement on radio on Friday that the matter is already in the hands of his lawyers.
FIFA has banned 11 football heads in the Caribbean, including John, for their role in an alleged bribery plot involving former presidential candidate Mohammed Bin Hammam.
The international governing body of football had initially charged John for accepting US$40,000 in cash from Bin Hammam to support him in an election campaign against FIFA President Sepp Blatter.
But after a hearing on the matter FIFA disclosed that John did not violate its code of ethics that relates to accepting bribery of $40,000; it however found him guilty of infringement of FIFA statutes.
According to John he was found guilty of violating FIFA code of ethics that addresses general rules including Article 8 that deals with protection of personal rights and Article 9 that relates to loyalty and confidentiality.
He claimed he was surprised after being informed on Friday that FIFA had decided to ban him.
John said FIFA took into account “irrelevant considerations” including a previous conviction against him, more than 30 years ago.
“Over 30 years ago, I was convicted, though I was subsequently pardoned by the president of the Commonwealth of Dominica and served only four years of a 12-year sentence,” he pointed out.
John also believes the football organization took into account emails he sent previously, in support of the suspended acting president of Concacaf Lisle Austin.
“I have decided to appeal the matter, and to that effect, my attorney has started the process,” he stated.
John is not allowed to take part in any football activity neither here nor internationally for two years.