Flooding has been reported in Castle Bruce and other East Coast areas against the backdrop of a flood warning which was issued by the government earlier tonight.
A release from the Office of The Prime Minister (OPM) prepared by meteorologist, Ithoma James, stated that a flood warning had been issued from 9:00 o’clock this evening and would remain valid until 6:00 am Monday, November 06th, 2023.
The OPM release goes on to state the following:
- A Flood Warning means that flooding is occurring or will occur during the warning period.
- Moisture and instability associated with a trough will continue to generate unstable conditions across the region. Generally cloudy conditions with showers which could be moderate to heavy are expected overnight.
- Rainfall totals ranging from 2 to 6 inches have been recorded at stations mainly in on the east of the country.
People in areas that are prone to flooding, landslides, and falling rocks should remain vigilant.
- Rivers, streams, gutters and ravines will overflow their banks and flood surrounding areas.
- Landslides due to heavy rainfall as well as rock falls from overhanging cliffs.
- Ponding will occur on roadways and bridges.
The Meteorological Service will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates as necessary.