Originally from Berekua, Grand Bay, he lived on Steber Street Pottersville and passed away at his home in Queens, New York.
December 23, 2020
He is survived by his wife, Leona Pierre and 14 children:
- George “Avan” Pierre and family residing in St. Martin.
- Edrick “Ken” Robinson and family residing in Dominica.
- Colbert Pierre and Conrad “Licius” Pierre and families residing in the United Kingdom.
- Lorraine Pierre, Charles “Charlo” Pierre, Anthea “Phamphie” Pierre, Keturah “Kitty” Pierre, Derrick “Coco” Pierre, Patricia “Pato” Pierre, Elroy Pierre and Shard Pierre and all their families residing in the United States.
Ensley joins his deceased children: Earl Pierre (b. 8/3/55 - d. 12/10/70),
Frances Pierre (b. 10/6/63 - d. 2/20/98) and Simon Pierre (b. 11/9/49 -11/21/98)
Additionally, he is survived by 43 grandchildren, 49 great grandchildren, 1 great great grandchild.
Special mention of the following individuals who supported Ensley in Dominica throughout the years:
- Mr. Bernard Laudat
- Mr. Jude Smith
- Ms. Rita Seraphin
- Mrs. Adina Valentine
- Ms. Rosie Rolle
- Ms. Rosamund Smith
- Mr. and Mrs. Oswald and Ursuline Georges
- Ms. Stella Giddings
- Mr. Mervyn Dailey
- Mr. David Bertrand
- Mr. and Mrs. Telford Dailey
- The Pierre, Cuffy, Elizee, Moise, Jno Lewis, Gregoire, Leatham, Roach, Merrifield, Fontaine, Carbon and Henderson families of Grand Bay, also Noreen Joseph and Jerome Mellow and family.
- Other relatives and friends too numerous to mention.
Please join the family as we celebrate the life of Ensley Pierre:
- Virtual Celebration of Life: Saturday January 2nd, 2021 from 3:00 PM - 7:00 PM. Join using this link
- Funeral Services: Friday, January 8th, at St. Francis of Assisi Catholic
Church from 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM.
- Final Viewing: Saturday, January 9th, at Caribe Funeral Home at 9:00 AM.
- Burial Services: Saturday, January 9th, at Pinelawn Cemetery in Farmingdale, New York at 11:00 AM.
Donations and Contributions:
The family would appreciate it if you send any flowers and wreaths to Caribe Funeral Home located at 1922 Utica Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11234.
Ensley was a cancer survivor multiple times. We would be honored If you could make a donation in his name. Please donate to the St.
Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital through this link.